Gasquet wins Thailand Open
Bangkok: World No.14 Richard Gasquet overwhelmed Gilles Simon in an all-French singles final of the Thailand Open tennis Sunday.
Gasquet, seeded second, needed little more than an hour to trounce fourth seed Simon 6-2, 6-1 on the hard court in Bangkok.
The 26-year-old clinched his seventh singles title, first of the season.
Earlier Sunday, wild cards Yen-Hsun Lu of Taiwan and Danai Udomchoke of Thailand won the doubles final.
The pair recorded a 6-3, 6-4 victory over fourth seeds Eric Butorac of the United States and Australia`s Paul Hanley.
Lu captured his second doubles title after winning the Chennai Open in 2005 with Germany`s Rainer Schuttler, while Udomchoke lifted the silverware for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31