German tennis star Haas sneers at ‘faker’ Murray
London: Former world number two Tommy Haas has taken a jibe at British tennis star Andy Murray, referring to him as someone who fakes injuries during matches.
The German, playing at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, slammed world number four Murray’s back problems at the French Open. This led to Wimbledon legend Virginia Wade labeling Murray as a “drama queen”.
Haas’ opponent yesterday, Aussie Bernard Tomic, quit with a back problem and he said nobody indulges in these antics more than Murray.
“It’s tough when you play against someone who is on the court like he is not well or is injured,” The Sun quoted Haas, as saying.
“I find no one does this better than Andy, from time to time. Sometimes he looks like he can barely move, then the trainer comes and suddenly he moves like a cat. Everyone knows this now. People talk about it in the locker room,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state