German tennis star Haas sneers at ‘faker’ Murray
London: Former world number two Tommy Haas has taken a jibe at British tennis star Andy Murray, referring to him as someone who fakes injuries during matches.
The German, playing at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, slammed world number four Murray’s back problems at the French Open. This led to Wimbledon legend Virginia Wade labeling Murray as a “drama queen”.
Haas’ opponent yesterday, Aussie Bernard Tomic, quit with a back problem and he said nobody indulges in these antics more than Murray.
“It’s tough when you play against someone who is on the court like he is not well or is injured,” The Sun quoted Haas, as saying.
“I find no one does this better than Andy, from time to time. Sometimes he looks like he can barely move, then the trainer comes and suddenly he moves like a cat. Everyone knows this now. People talk about it in the locker room,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium