German tennis star Haas sneers at ‘faker’ Murray
London: Former world number two Tommy Haas has taken a jibe at British tennis star Andy Murray, referring to him as someone who fakes injuries during matches.
The German, playing at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, slammed world number four Murray’s back problems at the French Open. This led to Wimbledon legend Virginia Wade labeling Murray as a “drama queen”.
Haas’ opponent yesterday, Aussie Bernard Tomic, quit with a back problem and he said nobody indulges in these antics more than Murray.
“It’s tough when you play against someone who is on the court like he is not well or is injured,” The Sun quoted Haas, as saying.
“I find no one does this better than Andy, from time to time. Sometimes he looks like he can barely move, then the trainer comes and suddenly he moves like a cat. Everyone knows this now. People talk about it in the locker room,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman