Germany`s outsiders stun France in Davis Cup
Paris: Germany shrugged off the absence of their top six players to take a shock 2-0 lead over France in their Davis Cup quarter-final on Friday.
Julien Benneteau slumped to a 7-6 (10/8), 6-3, 6-2 loss to world number 96 Tobias Kamke in the day`s opening rubber.
Then world number 12 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga squandered a match point to lose 5-7, 7-6 (7/3), 3-6, 7-6 (10/8), 8-6 to Peter Gojowczyk, the world 119.
The eventual winners of the tie will face either defending champions Czech Republic or Japan in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi