Germany`s outsiders stun France in Davis Cup
Paris: Germany shrugged off the absence of their top six players to take a shock 2-0 lead over France in their Davis Cup quarter-final on Friday.
Julien Benneteau slumped to a 7-6 (10/8), 6-3, 6-2 loss to world number 96 Tobias Kamke in the day`s opening rubber.
Then world number 12 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga squandered a match point to lose 5-7, 7-6 (7/3), 3-6, 7-6 (10/8), 8-6 to Peter Gojowczyk, the world 119.
The eventual winners of the tie will face either defending champions Czech Republic or Japan in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory