Germany`s outsiders stun France in Davis Cup
Paris: Germany shrugged off the absence of their top six players to take a shock 2-0 lead over France in their Davis Cup quarter-final on Friday.
Julien Benneteau slumped to a 7-6 (10/8), 6-3, 6-2 loss to world number 96 Tobias Kamke in the day`s opening rubber.
Then world number 12 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga squandered a match point to lose 5-7, 7-6 (7/3), 3-6, 7-6 (10/8), 8-6 to Peter Gojowczyk, the world 119.
The eventual winners of the tie will face either defending champions Czech Republic or Japan in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'