Good news for Caroline Wozniacki ahead of Australian Open
Sydney: Caroline Wozniacki seems a certain starter for the Australian Open in Melbourne next week after a scan on the world number one`s injured left wrist showed no serious damage.
Wozniacki had her wrist strapped in the final set of her 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 loss to Poland`s Agnieszka Radwanska in the Sydney International quarter-finals late on Wednesday.
While she feared a medical examination would rule her out of the year`s first grand slam, a WTA official said that the 21-year-old Dane had an MRI scan at a Sydney hospital on Thursday that showed inflammation but no serious damage.
"She`s very confident she will be fit for Melbourne," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range