Good news for Caroline Wozniacki ahead of Australian Open
Sydney: Caroline Wozniacki seems a certain starter for the Australian Open in Melbourne next week after a scan on the world number one`s injured left wrist showed no serious damage.
Wozniacki had her wrist strapped in the final set of her 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 loss to Poland`s Agnieszka Radwanska in the Sydney International quarter-finals late on Wednesday.
While she feared a medical examination would rule her out of the year`s first grand slam, a WTA official said that the 21-year-old Dane had an MRI scan at a Sydney hospital on Thursday that showed inflammation but no serious damage.
"She`s very confident she will be fit for Melbourne," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview