Good news for Caroline Wozniacki ahead of Australian Open
Sydney: Caroline Wozniacki seems a certain starter for the Australian Open in Melbourne next week after a scan on the world number one`s injured left wrist showed no serious damage.
Wozniacki had her wrist strapped in the final set of her 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 loss to Poland`s Agnieszka Radwanska in the Sydney International quarter-finals late on Wednesday.
While she feared a medical examination would rule her out of the year`s first grand slam, a WTA official said that the 21-year-old Dane had an MRI scan at a Sydney hospital on Thursday that showed inflammation but no serious damage.
"She`s very confident she will be fit for Melbourne," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi