Good news for Caroline Wozniacki ahead of Australian Open
Sydney: Caroline Wozniacki seems a certain starter for the Australian Open in Melbourne next week after a scan on the world number one`s injured left wrist showed no serious damage.
Wozniacki had her wrist strapped in the final set of her 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 loss to Poland`s Agnieszka Radwanska in the Sydney International quarter-finals late on Wednesday.
While she feared a medical examination would rule her out of the year`s first grand slam, a WTA official said that the 21-year-old Dane had an MRI scan at a Sydney hospital on Thursday that showed inflammation but no serious damage.
"She`s very confident she will be fit for Melbourne," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman