Good news for Caroline Wozniacki ahead of Australian Open
Sydney: Caroline Wozniacki seems a certain starter for the Australian Open in Melbourne next week after a scan on the world number one`s injured left wrist showed no serious damage.
Wozniacki had her wrist strapped in the final set of her 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 loss to Poland`s Agnieszka Radwanska in the Sydney International quarter-finals late on Wednesday.
While she feared a medical examination would rule her out of the year`s first grand slam, a WTA official said that the 21-year-old Dane had an MRI scan at a Sydney hospital on Thursday that showed inflammation but no serious damage.
"She`s very confident she will be fit for Melbourne," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss