Haas overcomes wildcard Britton in San Jose
San Jose: Germany`s Tommy Haas cruised into the second round of the USD 530,000 San Jose Open with a 6-4, 7-6 victory over local wildcard Devin Britton.
The fourth seed, playing for the first time since his third-round defeat to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at the Australian Open, rallied after trailing in the second set to wrap up a convincing victory over the American teenager.
Britton, who lost to Roger Federer as a wild card in the first round of the U.S. Open last year, fired 15 aces during the match before 31-year-old Haas`s experience told in the second-set tiebreak.
Top seed Andy Roddick, who is chasing a fourth title in nine appearances at the hardcourt tournament, plays local qualifier Ryler Deheart in the first round on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?