Haas overcomes wildcard Britton in San Jose
San Jose: Germany`s Tommy Haas cruised into the second round of the USD 530,000 San Jose Open with a 6-4, 7-6 victory over local wildcard Devin Britton.
The fourth seed, playing for the first time since his third-round defeat to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at the Australian Open, rallied after trailing in the second set to wrap up a convincing victory over the American teenager.
Britton, who lost to Roger Federer as a wild card in the first round of the U.S. Open last year, fired 15 aces during the match before 31-year-old Haas`s experience told in the second-set tiebreak.
Top seed Andy Roddick, who is chasing a fourth title in nine appearances at the hardcourt tournament, plays local qualifier Ryler Deheart in the first round on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read