Haas sidelined for several months after hip surgery
Berlin: German Tommy Haas will be out of action for several months after surgery on his right hip last Saturday, his agent said in a statement.
"Haas will be unable to practice and compete for the next several months and will be sidelined at the upcoming ATP Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami," Team Lagardere added.
The statement quoted the 31-year-old, ranked 18th in the world, saying he was confident he would get back to his best.
"This is just another hurdle in my career," he said. "I have faced many obstacles before and I know what it takes to get back out there and on the top of my game."
Haas has won 12 titles in his career. He last played on Feb. 22 at the Delray Beach International event where as top seed he lost 7-6 7-5 to Russian Teimuraz Gabashvili in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town