Haas sidelined for several months after hip surgery
Berlin: German Tommy Haas will be out of action for several months after surgery on his right hip last Saturday, his agent said in a statement.
"Haas will be unable to practice and compete for the next several months and will be sidelined at the upcoming ATP Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami," Team Lagardere added.
The statement quoted the 31-year-old, ranked 18th in the world, saying he was confident he would get back to his best.
"This is just another hurdle in my career," he said. "I have faced many obstacles before and I know what it takes to get back out there and on the top of my game."
Haas has won 12 titles in his career. He last played on Feb. 22 at the Delray Beach International event where as top seed he lost 7-6 7-5 to Russian Teimuraz Gabashvili in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!