Haas sidelined for several months after hip surgery
Berlin: German Tommy Haas will be out of action for several months after surgery on his right hip last Saturday, his agent said in a statement.
"Haas will be unable to practice and compete for the next several months and will be sidelined at the upcoming ATP Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami," Team Lagardere added.
The statement quoted the 31-year-old, ranked 18th in the world, saying he was confident he would get back to his best.
"This is just another hurdle in my career," he said. "I have faced many obstacles before and I know what it takes to get back out there and on the top of my game."
Haas has won 12 titles in his career. He last played on Feb. 22 at the Delray Beach International event where as top seed he lost 7-6 7-5 to Russian Teimuraz Gabashvili in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why