Haas sidelined for several months after hip surgery
Berlin: German Tommy Haas will be out of action for several months after surgery on his right hip last Saturday, his agent said in a statement.
"Haas will be unable to practice and compete for the next several months and will be sidelined at the upcoming ATP Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami," Team Lagardere added.
The statement quoted the 31-year-old, ranked 18th in the world, saying he was confident he would get back to his best.
"This is just another hurdle in my career," he said. "I have faced many obstacles before and I know what it takes to get back out there and on the top of my game."
Haas has won 12 titles in his career. He last played on Feb. 22 at the Delray Beach International event where as top seed he lost 7-6 7-5 to Russian Teimuraz Gabashvili in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself