Henin downs Wozniacki to move into Miami semis
Miami: Belgium`s Justine Henin came back from a set down to beat number two seed Caroline Wozniacki 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 in the Sony Ericsson Open quarter-final on Wednesday.
Henin, who entered the tournament as a wildcard, lost the first set on a tiebreak but then quickly got the upper hand in the second and a single break of serve in the third was enough to take her through to the semi-finals.
The Belgian will face the winner of the tie between Australian Samantha Stosur and Belgian Kim Clijsters which will be played later on Wednesday.
Henin only returned to competitive tennis in January after quitting the game in May, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley