Henin downs Wozniacki to move into Miami semis
Miami: Belgium`s Justine Henin came back from a set down to beat number two seed Caroline Wozniacki 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 in the Sony Ericsson Open quarter-final on Wednesday.
Henin, who entered the tournament as a wildcard, lost the first set on a tiebreak but then quickly got the upper hand in the second and a single break of serve in the third was enough to take her through to the semi-finals.
The Belgian will face the winner of the tie between Australian Samantha Stosur and Belgian Kim Clijsters which will be played later on Wednesday.
Henin only returned to competitive tennis in January after quitting the game in May, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional