Hesh-Bopanna in semis of Shanghai Masters
: The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna shocked second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor in straight sets to storm into the semifinals of the ATP Shanghai Masters, here today.
The seventh seeded Indians carved out a hard-fought 7-6(7) 6-4 in one hour 23 minutes in the quarter-finals of the USD 3,531,600 hard court event.
They next face unseeded British pair of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins.
Saving five breakpoints, including four in the opening set, proved vital in Bhupathi and Bopanna`s win.
Leanader Paes and his partner Radek Stepanek, seeded fpurth, are also due to play their quarter-final later in the day.
They are up against unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan