Hesh-Bopanna in semis of Shanghai Masters
: The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna shocked second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor in straight sets to storm into the semifinals of the ATP Shanghai Masters, here today.
The seventh seeded Indians carved out a hard-fought 7-6(7) 6-4 in one hour 23 minutes in the quarter-finals of the USD 3,531,600 hard court event.
They next face unseeded British pair of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins.
Saving five breakpoints, including four in the opening set, proved vital in Bhupathi and Bopanna`s win.
Leanader Paes and his partner Radek Stepanek, seeded fpurth, are also due to play their quarter-final later in the day.
They are up against unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments