Hesh-Bopanna in semis of Shanghai Masters
: The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna shocked second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor in straight sets to storm into the semifinals of the ATP Shanghai Masters, here today.
The seventh seeded Indians carved out a hard-fought 7-6(7) 6-4 in one hour 23 minutes in the quarter-finals of the USD 3,531,600 hard court event.
They next face unseeded British pair of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins.
Saving five breakpoints, including four in the opening set, proved vital in Bhupathi and Bopanna`s win.
Leanader Paes and his partner Radek Stepanek, seeded fpurth, are also due to play their quarter-final later in the day.
They are up against unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!