Hesh-Bopanna in semis of Shanghai Masters
: The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna shocked second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor in straight sets to storm into the semifinals of the ATP Shanghai Masters, here today.
The seventh seeded Indians carved out a hard-fought 7-6(7) 6-4 in one hour 23 minutes in the quarter-finals of the USD 3,531,600 hard court event.
They next face unseeded British pair of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins.
Saving five breakpoints, including four in the opening set, proved vital in Bhupathi and Bopanna`s win.
Leanader Paes and his partner Radek Stepanek, seeded fpurth, are also due to play their quarter-final later in the day.
They are up against unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation