Hesh-Bopanna in semis of Shanghai Masters
: The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna shocked second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor in straight sets to storm into the semifinals of the ATP Shanghai Masters, here today.
The seventh seeded Indians carved out a hard-fought 7-6(7) 6-4 in one hour 23 minutes in the quarter-finals of the USD 3,531,600 hard court event.
They next face unseeded British pair of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins.
Saving five breakpoints, including four in the opening set, proved vital in Bhupathi and Bopanna`s win.
Leanader Paes and his partner Radek Stepanek, seeded fpurth, are also due to play their quarter-final later in the day.
They are up against unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'