Hewitt out of China Open
Beijing: Former World No.1 Lleyton Hewitt of Australia was ousted by Fabio Fognini of Italy 0-6, 2-6 in the second round of the China Open Wednesday.
Fognini set a potential quarter-final clash with Rafael Nadal, who will play Philipp Kohlschreiber in the last match Wednesday.
Fognini prevailed in just 59 minutes, breaking Hewitt on six occasions in their first meeting, reports Xinhua.
The Italian, ranked 19th in the world, is through to his first ATP World Tour quarterfinal since July, when he went on a three-week upsurge that saw him win back-to-back titles in Stuttgart and Hamburg and reach the final in Umag, Croatia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi