Himani downs Tanushree for Khar Gymkhana title
Mumbai: Haryana`s Himani Mor lifted the singles title at the Rs 1.5-lakh prize money Khar Gymkhana All India ranking women`s tennis tournament by defeating Tamil Nadu`s Tanushree Palanivel in three sets on Sunday.
In a battle between two qualifiers, the Haryana girl emerged tops 7-5 4-6 7-5 after a protracted struggle.
The doubles title was won by the Maharashtra combine of Sagarika Phadke and Nupur Kaul who defeated Karnataka pair of Asha Nandan Kumar and Prreeti Ujjini 6-3 3-6 10-8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town