Himani downs Tanushree for Khar Gymkhana title
Mumbai: Haryana`s Himani Mor lifted the singles title at the Rs 1.5-lakh prize money Khar Gymkhana All India ranking women`s tennis tournament by defeating Tamil Nadu`s Tanushree Palanivel in three sets on Sunday.
In a battle between two qualifiers, the Haryana girl emerged tops 7-5 4-6 7-5 after a protracted struggle.
The doubles title was won by the Maharashtra combine of Sagarika Phadke and Nupur Kaul who defeated Karnataka pair of Asha Nandan Kumar and Prreeti Ujjini 6-3 3-6 10-8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire