Himani downs Tanushree for Khar Gymkhana title
Mumbai: Haryana`s Himani Mor lifted the singles title at the Rs 1.5-lakh prize money Khar Gymkhana All India ranking women`s tennis tournament by defeating Tamil Nadu`s Tanushree Palanivel in three sets on Sunday.
In a battle between two qualifiers, the Haryana girl emerged tops 7-5 4-6 7-5 after a protracted struggle.
The doubles title was won by the Maharashtra combine of Sagarika Phadke and Nupur Kaul who defeated Karnataka pair of Asha Nandan Kumar and Prreeti Ujjini 6-3 3-6 10-8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan