Himani downs Tanushree for Khar Gymkhana title
Mumbai: Haryana`s Himani Mor lifted the singles title at the Rs 1.5-lakh prize money Khar Gymkhana All India ranking women`s tennis tournament by defeating Tamil Nadu`s Tanushree Palanivel in three sets on Sunday.
In a battle between two qualifiers, the Haryana girl emerged tops 7-5 4-6 7-5 after a protracted struggle.
The doubles title was won by the Maharashtra combine of Sagarika Phadke and Nupur Kaul who defeated Karnataka pair of Asha Nandan Kumar and Prreeti Ujjini 6-3 3-6 10-8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur