IMG dump troubled Tomic as client
Global management company IMG said Thursday it had split with troubled Australian tennis star Bernard Tomic, reportedly amid concerns over his off-court behaviour.
The agency used social media to announce it had cut ties with the 21-year-old, but did not specify its reasons.
"IMG and Bernard Tomic have mutually ended our relationship," IMG Tennis tweeted.
"We wish Bernard great success on and off the tennis court."
Reports in tennis publications said his off-court behaviour was behind the split.
Tomic had been with IMG since he was 13, before he won the boys` titles at the 2008 Australian Open and 2009 US Open.
Their agreement spawned marketing deals potentially worth millions of dollars.
But in the space of two years, since reaching the fourth round of the 2012 Australian Open, Tomic has slipped from a career-high world ranking of 27 to a current 124.
His career has nosedived since withdrawing in the first round of the Australian Open against Rafael Nadal. He underwent double hip surgery shortly afterwards and then suffered a record 26-minute defeat on his comeback event at Miami.
Last year, his father John was banned from attending the French Open, even as a paying spectator, after he was charged with assaulting his son`s hitting partner, Frenchman Thomas Drouet in Madrid.
Drouet was left with a broken nose after a brawl broke out in front of the players` hotel in the Spanish capital.
Tomic himself has also been in the headlines in recent years for the wrong reasons, including run-ins with police in his sports car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof