Impending birth could see Federer miss French Open
Monte Carlo: Former men`s tennis world number one Roger Federer hinted on Wednesday the upcoming birth of another child for him and wife Mirka Vavrinec could prevent him playing in the French Open next month.
While the family have kept all details of the birth a tight secret - the actual date has never been revealed - the father of four-year-old twins said his family life would take precedence over any tennis match.
"It`s a priority for me trying to be there (at the birth), trying to support my wife," said the fourth seed after beating Radek Stepanek in his opening match at the Monte Carlo Masters.
"Of course, I`ve played enough tennis matches. Missing a tournament or missing a match wouldn`t change anything for me. As we don`t know when it`s going to be yet, I`m happy playing at the moment."
Asked if his decision would include the French Open, starting in just over five weeks, the 32-year old said: it was too early to say.
"Let`s talk about it when it would happen. At the moment we hope it`s not going to be that way. If it is, that`s what it is."
As it happened, the July, 2009 birth of twins Myla Rose and Charlene Riva, came with perfect timing, during the five-week gap between Federer`s Wimbledon title and his pre-planned resumption in early August in Montreal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title