India-Korea Davis Cup tie to be held in Delhi
New Delhi: India have decided to host their February 1 to 3 Davis Cup tie against Korea in the national capital.
"Since it is a home tie, the All India Tennis Association has decided to hold the tie in New Delhi at the R K Khanna Tennis Stadium from February 1 to 3," the AITA said in a press release today.
India are seeded fourth in Asia/Oceania Group I while Australia have got the top billing in the eight-team pool.
India had retained their place in Group I after routing New Zealand 5-0 in the play-off tie in Chandigarh last month.
The last time India played South Korea was in 2006 when they lost 1-4 in the away tie. South Korea suffered a crushing 0-5 defeat against Australia in Brisbane in their previous tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand