India-Korea Davis Cup tie to be held in Delhi
New Delhi: India have decided to host their February 1 to 3 Davis Cup tie against Korea in the national capital.
"Since it is a home tie, the All India Tennis Association has decided to hold the tie in New Delhi at the R K Khanna Tennis Stadium from February 1 to 3," the AITA said in a press release today.
India are seeded fourth in Asia/Oceania Group I while Australia have got the top billing in the eight-team pool.
India had retained their place in Group I after routing New Zealand 5-0 in the play-off tie in Chandigarh last month.
The last time India played South Korea was in 2006 when they lost 1-4 in the away tie. South Korea suffered a crushing 0-5 defeat against Australia in Brisbane in their previous tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened