India whipped 0-3 by China in Jr Davis Cup
New Delhi: India suffered a 0-3 drubbing at the hands of sixth seeds China to slump to their second consecutive defeat in the Junior Davis Cup Asia/Oceania qualifying round on Tuesday.
India, who went down 1-2 to Chinese Taipei in the first round robin match yesterday, will now fight to avoid relegation.
The home side, now placed third in Group D, play bottom placed Sri Lanka tomorrow to stay in the Asia-Oceania group. Two teams from the group would qualify for the World Group.
In the first singles at Delhi Lawn Tennis Association here, India`s number two Fatehdeep Singh went down to Ze-Yu Li 4-6, 3-6 in one hour and 35 minutes.
In the second singles, India`s top player Sheikh Abdullah hung on for a while in the first set but was blown away by Si-Yu Liu in the second to lose 3-6 0-6 in a one hour 15 minute match.
Garvit Batra and Fatehdeep Singh then lost to Ze-Yu Li and Zhi-Cheng Zhu in the inconsequential doubles 1-6 2-6 in 55 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city