Indian challenge ends at Aus Open wild card play-off tourney
Unseeded Yuki lost 2-6 3-6 to his second seed opponent from Taipei in the quarterfinal contest, which Nanjing: None of the Indian players could take advantage as Yuki Bhambri, who was the lone survivor till lasted one hour and 10 minutes. Thursday, also crashed out of the Asia Pacific Australian Open wild card play off tournament, here today.
Yuki had beaten lucky loser Yuqing Ning in a tough first round match, yesterday.
Vishnu Vardhan had also moved to the last-eight stage yesterday but he pulled out of the event after defeat in the men`s doubles quarterfinals.
Ankita Raina and national champion Prerna Bhambri had also lost their first round matches yesterday.
All the doubles teams had exited yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened