Indian challenge ends at Aus Open wild card play-off tourney
Unseeded Yuki lost 2-6 3-6 to his second seed opponent from Taipei in the quarterfinal contest, which Nanjing: None of the Indian players could take advantage as Yuki Bhambri, who was the lone survivor till lasted one hour and 10 minutes. Thursday, also crashed out of the Asia Pacific Australian Open wild card play off tournament, here today.
Yuki had beaten lucky loser Yuqing Ning in a tough first round match, yesterday.
Vishnu Vardhan had also moved to the last-eight stage yesterday but he pulled out of the event after defeat in the men`s doubles quarterfinals.
Ankita Raina and national champion Prerna Bhambri had also lost their first round matches yesterday.
All the doubles teams had exited yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis