Indian Open WTA Challenger: Rutuja stuns So-Ra Lee
Pune: Sixteen-year-old Rutuja Bhosale brought the $125,000 Sanjay Kakade Group Royal Indian Open WTA Challenger tournament alive with a sensational victory over Korea’s So-Ra Lee, an opponent almost 300 points above her in the world rankings.
Rutuja Bhosle won a thrilling match defeating Soo Ra Lee of Korea 3-6 7-6(4) 6-4 in the first round of the Royal Indian Open, being played in Pune.
The 16-year-old was given a wildcard for her maiden appearance in a WTA event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Confusion prevails over surrender of top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander in Kashmir
- NASA to make second attempt to inflate expandable habitat on ISS
- SpaceX makes third rocket landing on droneship
- Myntra makes comeback with desktop website
- Live performance: Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar ready to fly in Chicago!