Indian Open WTA Challenger: Rutuja stuns So-Ra Lee
Pune: Sixteen-year-old Rutuja Bhosale brought the $125,000 Sanjay Kakade Group Royal Indian Open WTA Challenger tournament alive with a sensational victory over Korea’s So-Ra Lee, an opponent almost 300 points above her in the world rankings.
Rutuja Bhosle won a thrilling match defeating Soo Ra Lee of Korea 3-6 7-6(4) 6-4 in the first round of the Royal Indian Open, being played in Pune.
The 16-year-old was given a wildcard for her maiden appearance in a WTA event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31