Indian Open WTA Challenger: Rutuja stuns So-Ra Lee
Pune: Sixteen-year-old Rutuja Bhosale brought the $125,000 Sanjay Kakade Group Royal Indian Open WTA Challenger tournament alive with a sensational victory over Korea’s So-Ra Lee, an opponent almost 300 points above her in the world rankings.
Rutuja Bhosle won a thrilling match defeating Soo Ra Lee of Korea 3-6 7-6(4) 6-4 in the first round of the Royal Indian Open, being played in Pune.
The 16-year-old was given a wildcard for her maiden appearance in a WTA event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway