Indian Wells finalist Jelena Jankovic breaks into top 20
Serbia`s Jelena Jankovic, the runner-up in Indian Wells final, climbed four places to 17th in the latest WTA rankings released on Monday.
Paris: Serbia`s Jelena Jankovic, the runner-up in Indian Wells final, climbed four places to 17th in the latest WTA rankings released on Monday.
The former world number one was one of the biggest movers despite losing the final 6-2, 5-7, 4-6 against Romanian world number three Simona Halep.
There were no changes in the top 10 as Serena Williams remains number one even after pulling out of the Indian Wells semi-finals with injury.
Russia`s Maria Sharapova is comfortably secondwhile Czech Petra Kvitova and Denmark`s Caroline Wozniacki complete the top five.
Spaniard Garbine Muguruza was another player to break into the top 20, climbing three places to 19th.
1. Serena Williams (USA) 9,982
2. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 8,270
3. Simona Halep (ROM) 7,181
4. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 6,275
5. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 4,770
6. Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 4,425
7. Eugenie Bouchard (CAN) 4,306
8. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 3,480
9. Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) 3,420
10. Andrea Petkovic (GER) 3,190
11. Lucie Safarova (CZE) 2,995
12. Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) 2,810
13. Sara Errani (ITA) 2,750
14. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 2,675
15. Angelique Kerber (GER) 2,650
16. Venus Williams (USA) 2,550
17. Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 2,465
18. Madison Keys (USA) 2,130
19. Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 2,070
20. Shuai Peng (CHN) 2,045