Indonesia names squad for Davis Cup
Bangalore: The National Tennis Association of Indonesia today named the squad for the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group I relegation tie against India to be played at KSLTA Stadium here from April 5 to 7.
The Indonesian squad will reach the city on March 31 and start training from April 1, while the Indian players will start arriving here from March 30.
Both India and Indonesia square off after losing their previous ties.
A depleted Indian team, hit by the absence of top players, lost to South Korea 1-4 in February, while Indonesia suffered a 0-5 whitewash at the hands of Japan.
India, however, with the return of their key players Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri, besides doubles ace Leander Paes, firmly start as favourites against Indonesia, which had lost all five earlier ties against India.
The two teams played last in 1992 when India won 5-0.
Indonesia`s best record in Davis Cup was in 1983 and 1989 when it qualified for the World Group.
Hendri Susilo Pramono will be Indonesia`s non-playing captain.
The squad: Christopher Rungkat, Elbert Sie, Wisnu Adi Nugroho and David Agung Susanto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani