Indonesia names squad for Davis Cup
Bangalore: The National Tennis Association of Indonesia today named the squad for the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group I relegation tie against India to be played at KSLTA Stadium here from April 5 to 7.
The Indonesian squad will reach the city on March 31 and start training from April 1, while the Indian players will start arriving here from March 30.
Both India and Indonesia square off after losing their previous ties.
A depleted Indian team, hit by the absence of top players, lost to South Korea 1-4 in February, while Indonesia suffered a 0-5 whitewash at the hands of Japan.
India, however, with the return of their key players Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri, besides doubles ace Leander Paes, firmly start as favourites against Indonesia, which had lost all five earlier ties against India.
The two teams played last in 1992 when India won 5-0.
Indonesia`s best record in Davis Cup was in 1983 and 1989 when it qualified for the World Group.
Hendri Susilo Pramono will be Indonesia`s non-playing captain.
The squad: Christopher Rungkat, Elbert Sie, Wisnu Adi Nugroho and David Agung Susanto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India