Injured Hewitt pulls out of French Open
Paris: Former world number one Lleyton Hewitt of Australia has pulled out of the French Open because of a left ankle injury, organisers said on Sunday.
The 30-year-old will be replaced in the draw by France`s Marc Gicquel, who will take on Spain`s Albert Montanes later on Sunday.
World number 64 Hewitt, who reached top spot in the ATP rankings in 2001, has never made it past the quarter-finals in the claycourt grand slam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal