Injured Hewitt pulls out of French Open
Paris: Former world number one Lleyton Hewitt of Australia has pulled out of the French Open because of a left ankle injury, organisers said on Sunday.
The 30-year-old will be replaced in the draw by France`s Marc Gicquel, who will take on Spain`s Albert Montanes later on Sunday.
World number 64 Hewitt, who reached top spot in the ATP rankings in 2001, has never made it past the quarter-finals in the claycourt grand slam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port