It`s not that bad, don`t feel too sorry for me: Federer
Sydney: Tennis ace Roger Federer believes his eighth loss to World number two Rafael Nadal in ten grand slam encounters isn’t that bad and people shouldn’t feel sorry for him.
Federer feels he will add more to his grand slam tally of 16. “I haven`t lost in five months or something, you know. It`s not that bad. Don`t feel too sorry for me,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Federer, as saying as he swallowed a 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 7-6 (7-5), 6-4 semi-final defeat at the hands of Nadal.
He added that he would love to have a go at the Australian Open again after he reached his ninth straight semi-final here this time around.
“Obviously, I would have loved to have come through and gotten a crack, a chance at winning the title here again.”
“It`s been one of the most successful tournaments in my life here - it`s the ninth time straight I am in the semi-finals. Clearly I`m disappointed. But, then again, [more] important is the reaction from now,” he added.
Federer stressed that he needs to look forward now towards other upcoming tournaments and react well to the loss.
``Where do I go from here? Start planning other trips. Start planning the preparations and, again, have a good reaction, like I showed after the US Open.``
He also believes that his head-to head record with Rafael Nadal doesn’t bothers him much as at the end of the day what matters to his is the trophies and the titles he has won.
“It is what it is. At the end, I care about my titles, if I`m happy or not as a person. Head-to-heads for me are not the most important, if I beat Andre [Agassi] 10 times in a row or Lleyton [Hewitt] many times in a row.”
“At the end of the day, I don`t care. All I know is that we`ve played many times, and it either comes my way or his way. Rallies have gone a little bit more his way obviously. I always think he plays a bit better against me than against other players, but that`s good for him,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory