Ivanovic through to Australian Open fourth round
Melbourne: Former French Open champion Ana Ivanovic advanced to the fourth round of the Australian Open, beating American Vania King 6-3, 6-4 on Saturday at Margaret Court Arena.
King, who had beaten 15th-seeded Anastasasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in the second round, has not beaten Ivanovic in four career meetings, including in the first round of the Australian Open five years ago.
The No. 21-seeded Ivanovic, a former No. 1, will play Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova in the fourth round.
King`s loss left 13-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams as the only American remaining in singles at the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?