Ivanovic to meet Stosur in Moscow semis
Moscow: Fourth seed Ana Ivanovic defeated qualifier Vesna Dolonc, ranked 160 in the world, to book an encounter with top-seeded Sam Stosur in the Kremlin Cup semifinals here.
The all-Serbian quarterfinal Friday lasted for just over an hour before the former World No. 1 completed a straight-forward 6-4, 6-1 win, despite being broken twice in the first set.
"It`s never easy playing someone from your own country, especially someone you don`t know," said Ivanovic.
"I really knew very little about her. She`s a very good player. She played some great tennis at times today and I really hope she can develop and get to the top of the game."
In the semifinal, Ivanovic will meet her top seed Stosur, who in the second round eased past another qualifier Valeria Solovieva, ranked 216 in the world.
Stosur earlier strolled past Klara Zakopalova of the Czech Republic 6-1, 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie