Jankovic at seventh in world rankings
Paris: Former number one Jelena Jankovic is up to seventh in the world rankings following her run into the semi-finals of the WTA Stuttgart tournament last week.
She moves ahead of Germany`s Angelique Kerber in the only change within a top 10 still dominated by Serena Williams.
Stuttgart winner Maria Sharapova stays at number nine as she has won the German claycourt title for the last three years and thus gains no extra points for her victory.
1. Serena Williams (USA) 12.375 pts
2. Li Na (CHN) 7265
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 5980
4. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 5441
5. Simona Halep (ROM) 4695
6. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4295
7. Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 4070 (+1)
8. Angelique Kerber (GER) 4010 (-1)
9. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 3961
10. Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) 3830
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’