Jankovic thrashes Sam Stosur to reach semis in Dubai
Dubai: Jelena Jankovic of Serbia defeated US Open champion Sam Stosur 6-4, 6-2 on Thursday to reach the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships.
The eighth-seeded Jankovic was in control throughout the match as the fourth-seeded Stosur struggled with her serve. The Australian seemed to rush her shots for much of the first set, hitting the ball early and returning it long and wide.
Stosur broke Jankovic early in the second, but the Serb broke right back and then pulled ahead 5-2 before wrapping up the match in 1 hour, 30 minutes.
Later on Thursday, defending champion Caroline Wozniacki meets the other Serbian quarterfinalist, Ana Ivanovic.
Wozniacki is the highest seeded player in Dubai at No. 3 after top-ranked Victoria Azarenka pulled out of the tournament Wednesday because of an ankle injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails