Japan`s Nishikori wins third career title
Washington: Kei Nishikori of Japan clinched his third career title beating Feliciano Lopez of Spain 6-2, 6-3 in the US National Indoor Championships in Memphis.
Nishikori, becoming the first Japanese winner at the Tokyo Open in October last year, finished the tournament without dropping a set and took the 291,800 US dollars winner`s check Sunday, Xinhua reports.
Nishikori is expected to move from No.22 in the ATP rankings to No.16.
Lopez, also seeking his third career title, led the tournament with 38 aces, including eight in the final. But he also had three double-faults and managed to win only 16 percent (3 of 19) of points on his second serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre