Jaziri loses to Federer in Dubai
Dubai: Tunisia`s Malek Jaziri went down in a fight against second-seeded Roger Federer of Switzerland in three sets in the Dubai International Championship.
The Tunisian, ranked 128th in the world and who benefited from a wild card to play in the event, lost 7-5, 0-6, 2-6.
Jaziri won the first set with typical North African panache by putting the Swiss champion in difficulty but later succumbed to Federer`s mixture of clockwork precision and power thrusts.
The Swiss, who scored 10 aces, will play against Marcel Granollers or Albert Montanes in the next round.
It is the first time the Tunisian played against Federer, who is chasing his sixth consecutive title here.
The Tunisian No.1 suffered a knee injury that kept him off the pitch throughout most of last year. He said he did his best and that he gave all he had.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok