King Rafa records 300th clay win at Monte Carlo Masters
Zee Media Bureau
Monte Carlo: World number one Rafael Nadal cruises past Andreas Seppi 6-1, 6-3Thursday to record his 300th career win on clay. The Spaniard is the 11th player to achieve this feat. His compatriot and idol, Carlos Moya was the last person to do so.
Nadal, who has won the tournament here for a record eight times, will seek to recapture the title which he lost to Novak Djokovic in 2013. In the next round, he will play compatriot David Ferrer, who defeated Grigor Dimitrov 6-4 6-2. Nadal has a career record of 21-5 against Ferrer, winning 10 of the past 11 meetings.
Having already won two titles in 2014, Rafa is probably playing in his best tennis on clay. With little over a month to French Open, his current form on the surface puts him in the right perspective to capture an unprecedented ninth Roland Garros title in ten attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued