King Rafa records 300th clay win at Monte Carlo Masters
Zee Media Bureau
Monte Carlo: World number one Rafael Nadal cruises past Andreas Seppi 6-1, 6-3Thursday to record his 300th career win on clay. The Spaniard is the 11th player to achieve this feat. His compatriot and idol, Carlos Moya was the last person to do so.
Nadal, who has won the tournament here for a record eight times, will seek to recapture the title which he lost to Novak Djokovic in 2013. In the next round, he will play compatriot David Ferrer, who defeated Grigor Dimitrov 6-4 6-2. Nadal has a career record of 21-5 against Ferrer, winning 10 of the past 11 meetings.
Having already won two titles in 2014, Rafa is probably playing in his best tennis on clay. With little over a month to French Open, his current form on the surface puts him in the right perspective to capture an unprecedented ninth Roland Garros title in ten attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi