King Rafa records 300th clay win at Monte Carlo Masters
Zee Media Bureau
Monte Carlo: World number one Rafael Nadal cruises past Andreas Seppi 6-1, 6-3Thursday to record his 300th career win on clay. The Spaniard is the 11th player to achieve this feat. His compatriot and idol, Carlos Moya was the last person to do so.
Nadal, who has won the tournament here for a record eight times, will seek to recapture the title which he lost to Novak Djokovic in 2013. In the next round, he will play compatriot David Ferrer, who defeated Grigor Dimitrov 6-4 6-2. Nadal has a career record of 21-5 against Ferrer, winning 10 of the past 11 meetings.
Having already won two titles in 2014, Rafa is probably playing in his best tennis on clay. With little over a month to French Open, his current form on the surface puts him in the right perspective to capture an unprecedented ninth Roland Garros title in ten attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here