Kirilenko, Petrova win WTA Championships
Istanbul: The Russian women`s tennis pair of Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova won the WTA Championships after beating Czech duo Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka here in the final.
Doubles World No.8 Petrova and No.10 Kirilenko saved three break points on their way to a 6-1, 6-4 victory in a match Sunday that lasted little over an hour.
The win, in which Petrova and Kirilenko lost only two points on serve in the first set and broke early in the second, caps a strong year for the Olympic bronze medallists.
For Kirilenko, 25, it is the first triumph at the tour finals, while Petrova, paired with Meghan Shaughnessy of the United States, won the doubles in 2004. The winners will take home a total of USD375,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers