Knee injury sidelines Nadal for two months
Moscow: A knee injury will keep Rafael Nadal out of tennis for the next two months, including Spain`s Davis Cup semifinal against the United States, the World No.3 announced Monday.
Nadal, 26, is suffering from a partial tear of the patella ligament in his left knee.
The seven-time French Open champion has not played since a second-round upset by Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon and missed the Olympic Games and the US Open too.
"I really want to be back competing and enjoying the tennis tour, but I have many years in front of me and my knee needs some rest," Nadal said on Twitter.
"I feel better after the meeting with my doctors and happy knowing that the evolution of the past weeks has been positive and surgery has been avoided. I will be back when I have no pain and able to compete with a guarantee."
Nadal was part of the Spain Davis Cup team that won the finals in 2004, 2008, 2009 and 2011.
The Davis Cup semifinals start on Sep 14 where Spain face the United States and Czech Republic meets Argentina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Did you miss it? Check out Iulia Vantur’s response to rumours suggesting her marriage to Salman Khan
- Not just batsman but Virat Kohli is best sportsman in world, says this coach!
- Ranbir Kapoor's rumoured girlfriend Bharti Malhotra has finally SPOKEN the truth—Details inside!
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif