Knee injury sidelines Nadal for two months
Moscow: A knee injury will keep Rafael Nadal out of tennis for the next two months, including Spain`s Davis Cup semifinal against the United States, the World No.3 announced Monday.
Nadal, 26, is suffering from a partial tear of the patella ligament in his left knee.
The seven-time French Open champion has not played since a second-round upset by Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon and missed the Olympic Games and the US Open too.
"I really want to be back competing and enjoying the tennis tour, but I have many years in front of me and my knee needs some rest," Nadal said on Twitter.
"I feel better after the meeting with my doctors and happy knowing that the evolution of the past weeks has been positive and surgery has been avoided. I will be back when I have no pain and able to compete with a guarantee."
Nadal was part of the Spain Davis Cup team that won the finals in 2004, 2008, 2009 and 2011.
The Davis Cup semifinals start on Sep 14 where Spain face the United States and Czech Republic meets Argentina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'