Laura Robson in Round 2 of Shenzhen Open
Shenzhen: Britain`s Laura Robson booked her place in the second round of the Shenzhen Open, a major warm-up event for next month`s Australian Open, with a straight-sets win over Romania`s Edina Gallovits-Hall.
Seventh-seed Robson, 18, breezed past her opponent 6-2, 6-1 Sunday and now faces another Romanian in the second round after Monica Niculescu beat Chinese wildcard Saisai Zheng 6-4, 7-5.
Elsewhere in the draw, Taiwanese fourth seed Su-Wei Hsieh knocked out Hungary`s Melinda Czink in a 6-3, 6-2 win and now faces German player Annika Beck, who beat Spaniard Garbine Muguruza 6-2, 6-7(7), 6-4.
The USD 500,000 hard-court tournament is being played for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?