Li Na beats Bartoli in opening match at Hopman Cup
Perth: French Open champion Li Na recovered from a service break down in the final set to beat Marion Bartoli 2-6, 6-2, 6-4 and give China a 1-0 lead over France after Saturday’s opening match of the Hopman Cup mixed teams tournament.
Bartoli broke Li’s serve in the fifth game of the final set to take a 3-2 lead, but Li broke back in the eighth game to even the set at 4-4 and took the match by breaking Bartoli in the final game.
Wu Di will play Richard Gasquet in the men’s singles ahead of a mixed doubles match.
It was the only match Saturday. Australia plays Spain on Sunday, while Czech Republic plays Bulgaria and the United States takes on Denmark on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note