Li Na beats Bartoli in opening match at Hopman Cup
Perth: French Open champion Li Na recovered from a service break down in the final set to beat Marion Bartoli 2-6, 6-2, 6-4 and give China a 1-0 lead over France after Saturday’s opening match of the Hopman Cup mixed teams tournament.
Bartoli broke Li’s serve in the fifth game of the final set to take a 3-2 lead, but Li broke back in the eighth game to even the set at 4-4 and took the match by breaking Bartoli in the final game.
Wu Di will play Richard Gasquet in the men’s singles ahead of a mixed doubles match.
It was the only match Saturday. Australia plays Spain on Sunday, while Czech Republic plays Bulgaria and the United States takes on Denmark on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?