Li Na enters third round at Wimbledon
London:Sixth seed Li Na of China overcame a blip in the second set to beat Simona Halep 6-2, 1-6, 6-0 and enter the women`s singles third round at Wimbledon here on Thursday.
The world number 32 of Romania, who asked to receive a lengthy treatment after the opening set, found her pace in the next set to regain the momentum, causing the Chinese player to suffer most of her 14 unforced errors in the 85-minute match, Xinhua reports.
However, Li Na, the quarter finalist here in 2006 and 2010, calmed down to break her opponent thrice in the third set and win six straight games to seal victory.
Li Na returns to the last-32 of this Grand Slam for the first time since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!