Li Na enters third round at Wimbledon
London:Sixth seed Li Na of China overcame a blip in the second set to beat Simona Halep 6-2, 1-6, 6-0 and enter the women`s singles third round at Wimbledon here on Thursday.
The world number 32 of Romania, who asked to receive a lengthy treatment after the opening set, found her pace in the next set to regain the momentum, causing the Chinese player to suffer most of her 14 unforced errors in the 85-minute match, Xinhua reports.
However, Li Na, the quarter finalist here in 2006 and 2010, calmed down to break her opponent thrice in the third set and win six straight games to seal victory.
Li Na returns to the last-32 of this Grand Slam for the first time since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Most doctors prefer partners from medical profession: Survey
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside