Li Na enters third round at Wimbledon
London:Sixth seed Li Na of China overcame a blip in the second set to beat Simona Halep 6-2, 1-6, 6-0 and enter the women`s singles third round at Wimbledon here on Thursday.
The world number 32 of Romania, who asked to receive a lengthy treatment after the opening set, found her pace in the next set to regain the momentum, causing the Chinese player to suffer most of her 14 unforced errors in the 85-minute match, Xinhua reports.
However, Li Na, the quarter finalist here in 2006 and 2010, calmed down to break her opponent thrice in the third set and win six straight games to seal victory.
Li Na returns to the last-32 of this Grand Slam for the first time since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style