Li Na enters third round at Wimbledon
London:Sixth seed Li Na of China overcame a blip in the second set to beat Simona Halep 6-2, 1-6, 6-0 and enter the women`s singles third round at Wimbledon here on Thursday.
The world number 32 of Romania, who asked to receive a lengthy treatment after the opening set, found her pace in the next set to regain the momentum, causing the Chinese player to suffer most of her 14 unforced errors in the 85-minute match, Xinhua reports.
However, Li Na, the quarter finalist here in 2006 and 2010, calmed down to break her opponent thrice in the third set and win six straight games to seal victory.
Li Na returns to the last-32 of this Grand Slam for the first time since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees