Li Na to play Djokovic in battle of the sexes
Beijing: Chinese tennis star Li Na will reportedly play against world number one Novak Djokovic in a `battle of the sexes` to mark the 10th anniversary of the China Open at the National Tennis Center, Beijing on September 24.
China`s first Grand Slam singles champion Li will play Djokovic in the charity exhibition match, which will launch a grand celebration for the event by featuring stars like Li, Serena Williams, Victoria Azaranka and Rafael Nadal, at the biggest WTA-ATP combined tournament during the National Day holiday.
The report mentioned that all profits from the match would be donated to the youth tennis development program of the Soong Ching Ling Foundation.
Li was defeated in the US Open semi-finals by reigning champion Serena Williams , while Djokovic lost in the US Open finals to Spaniard Nadal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official