Li Na to play Djokovic in battle of the sexes
Beijing: Chinese tennis star Li Na will reportedly play against world number one Novak Djokovic in a `battle of the sexes` to mark the 10th anniversary of the China Open at the National Tennis Center, Beijing on September 24.
China`s first Grand Slam singles champion Li will play Djokovic in the charity exhibition match, which will launch a grand celebration for the event by featuring stars like Li, Serena Williams, Victoria Azaranka and Rafael Nadal, at the biggest WTA-ATP combined tournament during the National Day holiday.
The report mentioned that all profits from the match would be donated to the youth tennis development program of the Soong Ching Ling Foundation.
Li was defeated in the US Open semi-finals by reigning champion Serena Williams , while Djokovic lost in the US Open finals to Spaniard Nadal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?