Li Na wins Cincinnati title
Cincinnati: China`s Li Na ended her 15-month title drought as she beat Germany`s Angelique Kerber 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 to win the Cincinnati Masters tennis event.
The 2011 French Open champion overcame an early setback to clinch a superb victory Sunday as she won 80 percent of her first-serve points in the third set, Xinhua reports.
"I wanted to win this title because this year I got in the final three times but could not cross the last hurdle. I was really hungry for this win," said Li Na.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death