Li Na wins Cincinnati title
Cincinnati: China`s Li Na ended her 15-month title drought as she beat Germany`s Angelique Kerber 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 to win the Cincinnati Masters tennis event.
The 2011 French Open champion overcame an early setback to clinch a superb victory Sunday as she won 80 percent of her first-serve points in the third set, Xinhua reports.
"I wanted to win this title because this year I got in the final three times but could not cross the last hurdle. I was really hungry for this win," said Li Na.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir