Li Na wins Cincinnati title
Cincinnati: China`s Li Na ended her 15-month title drought as she beat Germany`s Angelique Kerber 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 to win the Cincinnati Masters tennis event.
The 2011 French Open champion overcame an early setback to clinch a superb victory Sunday as she won 80 percent of her first-serve points in the third set, Xinhua reports.
"I wanted to win this title because this year I got in the final three times but could not cross the last hurdle. I was really hungry for this win," said Li Na.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail