Lleyton Hewitt looks for new tennis coach
Sydney: Australia`s former world number one Lleyton Hewitt is looking for a new coach after splitting with Nathan Healy, reports said on Thursday.
The pair, who played together in doubles tournaments this year, have parted ways after 12 months.
Hewitt`s manager David Drysdale said the split was amicable with Healy wanting to spend more time with his wife and two-year-old daughter.
Drysdale said Hewitt would not be rushing to fill the position with the US Open starting at New York`s Flushing Meadows on Monday.
"We`ll sit down and have a look at it all over the next few months. We probably won`t do anything before the end of the year," Drysdale told The Australian.
Family reasons and young children were also the reasons cited for the split with Darren Cahill in 2001 and then Jason Stoltenberg in 2003, the newspaper said.
"More recently, Tony Roche did not want to spend long periods of time overseas away from this wife, family and grandchildren," it said.
"He called it a day with Hewitt last year, which led to Healy`s appointment in August 2009."
When Roger Rasheed, who coached Hewitt for nearly four years, had a less-than-amicable split with Hewitt in January 2007, it was two weeks before the Australian Open.
"I think both the boys thought that way as well," Drysdale told the newspaper, when asked why Hewitt and Healy did not carry on until the end of the final major of the year.
"But in the end, it was Nathan who made the decision that he no longer wanted to do the job; they thought it might be best just to finish it straight away. So that`s what they`ve done," he said.
Hewitt, who won the US Open in 2001, has received the 32nd and final seeding in this year`s men`s singles draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you