Llodra-Zimonjic claim China Open men`s doubles title
Beijing: Third-seeded duo Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic overpowered Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau 7-6 (2), 7-6 (4) to lift the China Open men`s doubles tennis title on Sunday.
Llodra of France and Zimonjic of Serbia were given a tough challenge by their opponents in the match which was decided by two suffocating tie breakers. Llodra and Zimonjic withstood the pressure and displayed some high quality tennis to seal the match in one hour and 48 minutes.
"I feel great to win such a great game in China, it is the first time for both of us and I want to thank Michal for such a great week," Zimonjic said at the post-match news conference.
The runners-up also won high recognition from the winners.
"They are a great team, both of them are big guys, it`s never easy to play against them. We did better in tie breaker and some important points," Zimonjic added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam