Lotus trophy All India Ranking tennis in Kochi, Feb 1 to 5
Kochi: Over 130 entries including defending
Men`s champion Vijay Sunder Prashant of Tamil Nadu have been
registered for the Rs three lakh prize money All India Ranking
Tennis Tournament for the Lotus trophy, to be played here from
P C Vignesh of Andhra Pradesh, ranked ninth in the country,
has been top seeded in the Men`s section, while Karnataka`s
Prarthana Pratap, ranked 22, is the top seed in the women`s.
Prashanth is seeded two.
There will be 32 in the main draw of the singles event
including 20 direct entries, eight qualifiers and wild cards.
Thomas Oommen, Chairman, Tournament Committee, told reporters
The tournament, started in 1979 at the state-level, was
conducted since 2008 as an invitation event, he said.
This year the tournament was converted as a prize money
ranking tournament, he said, adding matches will be played in
Men and Women singles, Men and Women Doubles.
The finals will be played on February 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof