Maria Sharapova to launch gummy candies in NYC
London: Tennis star Maria Sharapova has flown to New York City to launch a new line of premium gummy candies called Sugarpova.
The 25-year-old, who is ranked number two in the world, arrived at the Los Angeles International Airport with her pet pooch Dolce.
She will be launching the new candies at the It’s Sugar candy store on the Upper West Side next week.
The Olympic silver medal winner will then be competing in the final Grand Slam of the year: the U.S. Open, which begins on August 27th.
Sharapova assured her fans via her website: “We want to have the best preparation we can for the U.S. Open. This is a very important tournament for us.”
Following a whirlwind 18-month engagement, the tennis star has set her wedding to former NBA, and current Anadolu Efes Basketball Club star Sasha Vujacic, on November 10 in Istanbul, Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj