Martina Hingis granted Wimbledon doubles wildcard
London: Former world number one Martina Hingis has been awarded a wildcard for the Wimbledon doubles competition as she continues her second comeback following her retirement in 2007.
The 33-year-old Swiss, who won five singles and nine doubles grand slam titles, returned last year with Daniela Hantuchova but found little success.
She will partner Russia`s Vera Zvonareva at the All England Club.
In March she won her first title since 2007, the year of her last appearance at Wimbledon, when she triumphed with German Sabine Lisicki at the Sony Open in Miami.
Former Australian Open men`s finalist Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus has a wildcard into the men`s singles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores