Martina Hingis questioned by police for allegedly assaulting husband
Johannesburg: Former Swiss tennis ace Martina Hingis has reportedly been questioned by police following claims that she had assaulted her French husband Thibault Hutin.
Police said that it now lay with prosecutors to decide what steps to take regarding Hutin`s complaint.
French equestrian Hutin, who married Hingis in December 2010, had filed a complaint against Hingis, her mother Melanie Molitor and boyfriend Mario Widmer in Spetember this year, claiming that the trio beat and scratched him, with Widmer striking him on the head with a DVD player.
According to Sport24, Hutin further claimed that he fled to Paris in fear after the alleged incident and had also received a text message, which threatened to `send the Russians` after him.
The report mentioned that the alleged incident came in the wake of the separation of Hutin and six-time Grand Slam winner Hingis, who came back from six years of retirement in July this year to play doubles, at the beginning of this year, due to `rocky relations`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!