Martina Hingis to coach Pavlyuchenkova
Moscow: Rising Russian women`s tennis star Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Monday announced that five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis will be coaching her.
Pavlyuchenkova rose to 20th in the world on the back of her third title in Monterrey last week, and has enlisted the retired Swiss star`s help for this weekend`s Fed Cup match and beyond.
"Now I`m starting my collaboration with Martina Hingis and we are going to try all the clay court series," the 21-year-old said.
"She is coming to Moscow this week to help me for Fed Cup."
Pavlyuchenkova teams up with Maria Kirilenko, Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina for this weekend`s World Group semifinal against Slovakia on red clay in Moscow. Slovakia is led by world No.15 Dominika Cibulkova.
Hingis will attempt to improve the Russian`s consistency after first-round defeats at the Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal