Martina Hingis to coach Pavlyuchenkova
Moscow: Rising Russian women`s tennis star Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Monday announced that five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis will be coaching her.
Pavlyuchenkova rose to 20th in the world on the back of her third title in Monterrey last week, and has enlisted the retired Swiss star`s help for this weekend`s Fed Cup match and beyond.
"Now I`m starting my collaboration with Martina Hingis and we are going to try all the clay court series," the 21-year-old said.
"She is coming to Moscow this week to help me for Fed Cup."
Pavlyuchenkova teams up with Maria Kirilenko, Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina for this weekend`s World Group semifinal against Slovakia on red clay in Moscow. Slovakia is led by world No.15 Dominika Cibulkova.
Hingis will attempt to improve the Russian`s consistency after first-round defeats at the Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning