Martina Hingis to coach Pavlyuchenkova
Moscow: Rising Russian women`s tennis star Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Monday announced that five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis will be coaching her.
Pavlyuchenkova rose to 20th in the world on the back of her third title in Monterrey last week, and has enlisted the retired Swiss star`s help for this weekend`s Fed Cup match and beyond.
"Now I`m starting my collaboration with Martina Hingis and we are going to try all the clay court series," the 21-year-old said.
"She is coming to Moscow this week to help me for Fed Cup."
Pavlyuchenkova teams up with Maria Kirilenko, Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina for this weekend`s World Group semifinal against Slovakia on red clay in Moscow. Slovakia is led by world No.15 Dominika Cibulkova.
Hingis will attempt to improve the Russian`s consistency after first-round defeats at the Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium