Martina Hingis to coach Pavlyuchenkova
Moscow: Rising Russian women`s tennis star Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Monday announced that five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis will be coaching her.
Pavlyuchenkova rose to 20th in the world on the back of her third title in Monterrey last week, and has enlisted the retired Swiss star`s help for this weekend`s Fed Cup match and beyond.
"Now I`m starting my collaboration with Martina Hingis and we are going to try all the clay court series," the 21-year-old said.
"She is coming to Moscow this week to help me for Fed Cup."
Pavlyuchenkova teams up with Maria Kirilenko, Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina for this weekend`s World Group semifinal against Slovakia on red clay in Moscow. Slovakia is led by world No.15 Dominika Cibulkova.
Hingis will attempt to improve the Russian`s consistency after first-round defeats at the Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’