Martina Hingis withdraws from Tokyo`s Pan Pacific Open citing personal reasons
Johannesburg: Former World No.1 Martina Hingis has withdrawn from the Pan Pacific Open women`s tennis tournament in Tokyo, after being given a wild-card doubles entry.
According to Sport24, the Pan Pacific Open office announced that Hingis would be absent from the tournament due to personal reasons.
The 32-year-old Swiss came back from six years of retirement in July to play doubles and lost in the doubles and mixed doubles first rounds last month at the US Open, the report said.
The 2.4 million-dollar Pan Pacific Open from September 22-28 will feature stars such as Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova in the singles, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena