Martina Hingis withdraws from Tokyo`s Pan Pacific Open citing personal reasons
Johannesburg: Former World No.1 Martina Hingis has withdrawn from the Pan Pacific Open women`s tennis tournament in Tokyo, after being given a wild-card doubles entry.
According to Sport24, the Pan Pacific Open office announced that Hingis would be absent from the tournament due to personal reasons.
The 32-year-old Swiss came back from six years of retirement in July to play doubles and lost in the doubles and mixed doubles first rounds last month at the US Open, the report said.
The 2.4 million-dollar Pan Pacific Open from September 22-28 will feature stars such as Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova in the singles, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm