Martina Hingis withdraws from Tokyo`s Pan Pacific Open citing personal reasons
Johannesburg: Former World No.1 Martina Hingis has withdrawn from the Pan Pacific Open women`s tennis tournament in Tokyo, after being given a wild-card doubles entry.
According to Sport24, the Pan Pacific Open office announced that Hingis would be absent from the tournament due to personal reasons.
The 32-year-old Swiss came back from six years of retirement in July to play doubles and lost in the doubles and mixed doubles first rounds last month at the US Open, the report said.
The 2.4 million-dollar Pan Pacific Open from September 22-28 will feature stars such as Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova in the singles, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda