Murray admits number one ranking won’t be feasible this year
London: US Open champion Andy Murray has admitted it won’t be possible for him to attain the number one ranking in tennis this year, and believes Novak Djokovic is guaranteed to secure the top spot.
Roger Federer has tipped the Scot to take over his mantle as the best player in the world following his U.S. Open win.
Even as the top ranking is in Murray`s sights, he believes Novak Djokovic will be crowned the new number one ahead of him, but the world number three is determined to keep working hard.
“It will be very difficult to finish the year as number one. I think Novak is too far off and guaranteed that,” Murray was quoted as saying in an interview.
“I will keep working hard and focus for the rest of the year and hopefully have a chance next year,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued