Murray admits number one ranking won’t be feasible this year
London: US Open champion Andy Murray has admitted it won’t be possible for him to attain the number one ranking in tennis this year, and believes Novak Djokovic is guaranteed to secure the top spot.
Roger Federer has tipped the Scot to take over his mantle as the best player in the world following his US Open win.
Even as the top ranking is in Murray`s sights, he believes Novak Djokovic will be crowned the new number one ahead of him, but the world number three is determined to keep working hard.
“It will be very difficult to finish the year as number one. I think Novak is too far off and guaranteed that,” the BBC quoted Murray, as saying.
“I will keep working hard and focus for the rest of the year and hopefully have a chance next year,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference