Murray admits number one ranking won’t be feasible this year
London: US Open champion Andy Murray has admitted it won’t be possible for him to attain the number one ranking in tennis this year, and believes Novak Djokovic is guaranteed to secure the top spot.
Roger Federer has tipped the Scot to take over his mantle as the best player in the world following his US Open win.
Even as the top ranking is in Murray`s sights, he believes Novak Djokovic will be crowned the new number one ahead of him, but the world number three is determined to keep working hard.
“It will be very difficult to finish the year as number one. I think Novak is too far off and guaranteed that,” the BBC quoted Murray, as saying.
“I will keep working hard and focus for the rest of the year and hopefully have a chance next year,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE