Murray beats Ferrer to retain Shanghai Masters title
Shanghai: Defending champion Andy Murray defeated David Ferrer 7-5, 6-4 to win the Shanghai Masters on Sunday, ensuring he`ll vault past Roger Federer to No. 3 in the ATP rankings.
The Scot, currently ranked fourth, had made finishing the season at No. 3 one of his main goals of the year. It will be the first time Federer has fallen out of the top three since June 2003 - just before he won his first Wimbledon title.
Murray has been unbeatable during the autumn Asian swing of the ATP tour, capturing consecutive titles in Bangkok, Tokyo - where he beat Rafael Nadal in the final - and Shanghai.
He has also won 25 of his 26 matches since mid-August, the only loss coming to Nadal in the semifinals of the US Open.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!