Murray beats Ferrer to retain Shanghai Masters title
Shanghai: Defending champion Andy Murray defeated David Ferrer 7-5, 6-4 to win the Shanghai Masters on Sunday, ensuring he`ll vault past Roger Federer to No. 3 in the ATP rankings.
The Scot, currently ranked fourth, had made finishing the season at No. 3 one of his main goals of the year. It will be the first time Federer has fallen out of the top three since June 2003 - just before he won his first Wimbledon title.
Murray has been unbeatable during the autumn Asian swing of the ATP tour, capturing consecutive titles in Bangkok, Tokyo - where he beat Rafael Nadal in the final - and Shanghai.
He has also won 25 of his 26 matches since mid-August, the only loss coming to Nadal in the semifinals of the US Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?