Murray, Djokovic in Shanghai Master`s semis
Shangai: Britain`s Andy Murray booked his place in the semifinals of the $3.5 million Shanghai Masters here Friday with a come-from-behind win over Czech player Radek Stepanek.
Third seed and reigning champion Murray will now face World No.1 Roger Federer in the final four after beating Stepanek 4-6, 6-2, 6-3.
Federer beat Croatia`s Marin Cilic 6-3, 6-4 in one hour and 22 minutes in the last singles quarterfinal of the day.
The other semifinal will pit the Czech Republic`s Tomas Berdych against second seed Novak Djokovic.
Berdych beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France in straight sets earlier Friday while Djokovic completed a straight-sets win over German veteran Tommy Haas in their quarterfinal encounter.
The Serbian star won 6-3, 6-3, wobbling only at the start of the second set when Haas, ranked 21 in the world, managed to take a 2-0 lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand