Murray, Djokovic in Shanghai Master`s semis
Shangai: Britain`s Andy Murray booked his place in the semifinals of the $3.5 million Shanghai Masters here Friday with a come-from-behind win over Czech player Radek Stepanek.
Third seed and reigning champion Murray will now face World No.1 Roger Federer in the final four after beating Stepanek 4-6, 6-2, 6-3.
Federer beat Croatia`s Marin Cilic 6-3, 6-4 in one hour and 22 minutes in the last singles quarterfinal of the day.
The other semifinal will pit the Czech Republic`s Tomas Berdych against second seed Novak Djokovic.
Berdych beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France in straight sets earlier Friday while Djokovic completed a straight-sets win over German veteran Tommy Haas in their quarterfinal encounter.
The Serbian star won 6-3, 6-3, wobbling only at the start of the second set when Haas, ranked 21 in the world, managed to take a 2-0 lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai