Murray, Djokovic in Shanghai Master`s semis
Shangai: Britain`s Andy Murray booked his place in the semifinals of the $3.5 million Shanghai Masters here Friday with a come-from-behind win over Czech player Radek Stepanek.
Third seed and reigning champion Murray will now face World No.1 Roger Federer in the final four after beating Stepanek 4-6, 6-2, 6-3.
Federer beat Croatia`s Marin Cilic 6-3, 6-4 in one hour and 22 minutes in the last singles quarterfinal of the day.
The other semifinal will pit the Czech Republic`s Tomas Berdych against second seed Novak Djokovic.
Berdych beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France in straight sets earlier Friday while Djokovic completed a straight-sets win over German veteran Tommy Haas in their quarterfinal encounter.
The Serbian star won 6-3, 6-3, wobbling only at the start of the second set when Haas, ranked 21 in the world, managed to take a 2-0 lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees