Murray, Djokovic in Shanghai Master`s semis
Shangai: Britain`s Andy Murray booked his place in the semifinals of the $3.5 million Shanghai Masters here Friday with a come-from-behind win over Czech player Radek Stepanek.
Third seed and reigning champion Murray will now face World No.1 Roger Federer in the final four after beating Stepanek 4-6, 6-2, 6-3.
Federer beat Croatia`s Marin Cilic 6-3, 6-4 in one hour and 22 minutes in the last singles quarterfinal of the day.
The other semifinal will pit the Czech Republic`s Tomas Berdych against second seed Novak Djokovic.
Berdych beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France in straight sets earlier Friday while Djokovic completed a straight-sets win over German veteran Tommy Haas in their quarterfinal encounter.
The Serbian star won 6-3, 6-3, wobbling only at the start of the second set when Haas, ranked 21 in the world, managed to take a 2-0 lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final