Murray fights back to beat Tipsarevic
Key Biscayne: Britain`s Andy Murray fought back for a 4-6 6-3 6-4 win over Serbian Janko Tipsarevic to reach the Sony Ericsson Open semi-finals on Wednesday.
Murray, the world number four, trailed by a set and a break before receiving medical attention for what appeared to be a stomach problem.
The Scot then promptly turned the match around as he broke the next service game from ninth seed Tipsarevic and went on to clinch the second set.
Murray, whose backhand was below par and who made 34 unforced errors, then broke in the third game of the final set and held firm with his serve to ensure a last-four match against Rafa Nadal or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga who play later on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!