Murray hobbles in his first singles match of 2012
Brisbane: Andy Murray shook of some rustiness and overcame some big returns from Mikhail Kukushkin to win his first singles match since late November and advance to the second round of the Brisbane International.
Top-seeded Murray lost the first four games and saved a set point in the first set before he rallied to beat Kazakhstan`s Kukushkin 5-7, 6-3, 6-2 on Tuesday night.
Murray hadn`t played a singles match since he withdrew from the season-ending World Tour Finals at London with an injured groin. He announced on the weekend that he`d hired eight-time Grand Slam winner Ivan Lendl to work with him as coach in a bid to break his drought at the majors.
Lendl is expected to join Murray ahead of the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 16 in Melbourne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth