Murray hobbles in his first singles match of 2012
Brisbane: Andy Murray shook of some rustiness and overcame some big returns from Mikhail Kukushkin to win his first singles match since late November and advance to the second round of the Brisbane International.
Top-seeded Murray lost the first four games and saved a set point in the first set before he rallied to beat Kazakhstan`s Kukushkin 5-7, 6-3, 6-2 on Tuesday night.
Murray hadn`t played a singles match since he withdrew from the season-ending World Tour Finals at London with an injured groin. He announced on the weekend that he`d hired eight-time Grand Slam winner Ivan Lendl to work with him as coach in a bid to break his drought at the majors.
Lendl is expected to join Murray ahead of the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 16 in Melbourne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly