Murray hobbles in his first singles match of 2012
Brisbane: Andy Murray shook of some rustiness and overcame some big returns from Mikhail Kukushkin to win his first singles match since late November and advance to the second round of the Brisbane International.
Top-seeded Murray lost the first four games and saved a set point in the first set before he rallied to beat Kazakhstan`s Kukushkin 5-7, 6-3, 6-2 on Tuesday night.
Murray hadn`t played a singles match since he withdrew from the season-ending World Tour Finals at London with an injured groin. He announced on the weekend that he`d hired eight-time Grand Slam winner Ivan Lendl to work with him as coach in a bid to break his drought at the majors.
Lendl is expected to join Murray ahead of the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 16 in Melbourne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter