Murray ousts Federer to join Djokovic in Shanghai final
Shanghai: British star Andy Murray completed a straight-sets victory over World No.1 Roger Federer to reach the final of $3.5 million Shanghai Masters here Saturday.
In the final, Murray will face World No.2 Novak Djokovic, who had eliminated Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic earlier in the day.
It will be the fifth encounter of two tennis titans this season, with Murray eager to add to his three victories, most recently at the US Open final in September.
Murray was in control for most of Saturday`s match, racing through his service games while making his opponent sweat through his own for a 6-4, 6-4 wins.
An off-color Federer served up three double faults in the fifth game to help Murray to the first set.
The fifth game of the second was also decisive as Federer lost his service from 40-0 up.
The victory was tougher for Murray than his Olympic final defeat of the Swiss, which ended 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 in the Scot`s favor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'