Murray ousts Federer to join Djokovic in Shanghai final
Shanghai: British star Andy Murray completed a straight-sets victory over World No.1 Roger Federer to reach the final of $3.5 million Shanghai Masters here Saturday.
In the final, Murray will face World No.2 Novak Djokovic, who had eliminated Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic earlier in the day.
It will be the fifth encounter of two tennis titans this season, with Murray eager to add to his three victories, most recently at the US Open final in September.
Murray was in control for most of Saturday`s match, racing through his service games while making his opponent sweat through his own for a 6-4, 6-4 wins.
An off-color Federer served up three double faults in the fifth game to help Murray to the first set.
The fifth game of the second was also decisive as Federer lost his service from 40-0 up.
The victory was tougher for Murray than his Olympic final defeat of the Swiss, which ended 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 in the Scot`s favor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter