Murray`s former mentor brands Wimbledon seedings as `100 percent joke`
London: British tennis star Andy Murray`s former coach has branded the Wimbledon seedings as a `100 per cent` joke.
According to Brad Gilbert, who also coached Murray`s boyhood hero Andre Agassi, said on Twitter that the Wimbledon seedings are a joke as David Ferrer seeded over former world No.1 Rafael Nadal.
Despite Nadal`s grass court status as a two-time champion at Wimbledon, All England Lawn Tennis Club chiefs have ranked Nadal, who had been dropped down to number 5 in the world after his long injury lay-off in the second round, below Ferrer after applying their own formula to the ATP rankings.
Second seed Murray has a 50-50 chance of having third seed Roger Federer with him in the bottom half of the draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof